2/5/11

Official Into Great Silence US Trailer



Here's another I watched on Netflix. This is a very pretty film to look at, but it is SLOW. Let me stress, this is S-L-O-W. But it's also fascinating to see the interior lives of the strictest order of monks. Most of this film is done in silence, and there are the occasional chantings, which I find eerie.

Roger Ebert gave this 3 and a half stars, and my crit would be it is probably a bit too long. But if you're into a meditative and quiet film, this is worth the stream on Netflix. If you have to break it up into parts, that's also another way to watch it.

Visit their website at www.chartreux.org for more info. It's worth the look. They have a link there that allows you to see their daily schedule and they get go to bed at like 7 pm and then get up at 11:30 pm to chant and then go back to bed and then rise at 6:30 am and pray and go to mass, and pray and don't talk.

I would find that life very lonely, I would miss good convos, but I guess there are some who don't feel they need it.