2/3/11

Justin Isis, I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like



Book trailers are an interesting phenomenon and an Internet way of advertising a book, and I have seen a number of good ones over the last few years, even if the books and writers they advertise are shit.

Unfortunately, this is a BAD example of a book trailer. While I don't think Justin's first book was good, he is a talented writer who has gone well beyond this first volume, but this trailer is an example of horrendous PR- almost as if the publisher is deliberately sabotaging Justin's career.

The piece is stock footage- I wonder if it is copyrighted?, and has absolutely ZERO to do with the book. The only connection to Justin is his name and title being splashed over the images.

There is no sense as to the content nor the writing style, pro or con. I have a manuscript of a memoir I wrote about my teen years working at a Mob front. This is akin to random images culled from Martin Scorsese and Jimmy Cagney films with my name and the book's title being splashed across.

Wait, that would actually be better as it would at least give a small hint as to the general content and subject matter.

Let's imagine a random few shots of human beings sitting around in a doctor's office, wheezing and farting, with my name and title splashed over it.

To think that Justin's publisher must have PAID someone for this garbage! To pay someone to assassinate a reputation before it's born.

Unbelievable!