10/8/09

Guyana Tragedy: The Jim Jones Story.

I just finished reading and reviewing a book on Jonestown: the Guyana Tragedy, and upon my search, noticed there was a miniseries made about it. Great, I thought. Take a terrible tragedy in history and make a miniseries on it. The film stars Powers Boothe as Jones, and actually I remember this film from when I was really little--I recall it being on, and being scared by it.

Well, there is good news. Not only can you watch the entire series for free online, (it's like a million minutes long given it's a miniseries. It's like the Thornbirds of murder-suicide), but here is a clip. Boothe didn't have to do much acting it seems, for Jones was a drugged out psychopath by the end, slurring his words as he forced them to drink the flavor aid laced with potassium cyanide. But hey, at least it was grape flavored right? Here is a clip:



"Come to the pavilion, children..." Eek, great, that means more nightmares for me.