6/2/09

Jackson Potluck.



I watched the movie Pollock the other night just for fun, since it happens to be one of my favorite biopics. The acting is excellent and they did a great job of adding in little detail, to the point where you can't tall it's Ed Harris or the real Potluck himself. See? They could be twins.

Ed Harris apparently did those paintings that were used in the film, which says something about Pollock's talent I guess. As an artist, he gives me a headache, and the last half hour or so (when Jennifer Connelly enters the picture) the movie goes down the crapper. I pretty much just skip that part, and think the film should have ended 1/2 hr sooner. It's a movie I like, but it's certainly not a great film.

And I must add that one of the best things about this film is the music that appears throughout. Here's the trailer in Italian.



And in searching for the Pollock trailer, I found this one on the life of Klimt starring John Malkovich. Looks kind of pretentious:



It's always funny how they'll glorify great artists who were rejected in their day, only to make movies about them being rejected years later. Hmm. And the patterns don't ever change.