4/12/09

Interiors.

I washed my floors this weekend (my 'interiors' rather) and what else was there for me to do, other than to rewatch Interiors the film for like the 500th time while they dried? Alright, bad pun and joke, but it is one of my faves, even though it's about a dour group of spoiled WASPs who create their own problems.

Above you have Diane Keaton looking dismal. Anthony has written about it here, where he also notes: "And though I am not that sympathetic on my blog to those who lack talent and pump the world full of bad art, I thought the film did a good job of depicting these people who have strong feelings but no talent with which to manipulate those feelings into something artistic."

The film is beautiful to look at, and the dialogue great. It's one of my favorite films of all time and I usually watch it at least twice a year. Also, this stars the great Geraldine Page who also starred in The Trip To Bountiful, and it's hard to believe they're the same actress. That's what great actors do. Both performances are superb. She's great as the cold and repressed Eve, and also the warm and positive Carrie, in The Trip To Bountiful. I encourage everyone to watch both.

I also must add--the sign of a great actor is when you can't imagine how multiple characters played by that actor could even be in the same room together. Imagine Eve and Carrie hanging out? Don't think so. Here is the trailer: