1/9/09

Blowup

Michelangelo Antonioni's first English language film, Blowup, is a landmark and great film. I reviewed it here. I thought of it today after a fellow who does reviews for the No Ripcord site, where I post reviews, wrote a rather mediocre review. He has a habit of trying to sound deep and politically aware, and this is the second time I've caught him not reviewing a film, but spouting stuff that had nothing to do with the film. The first was his review of Oliver Stone's JFK.

I replied to him this way:

The film's actual title- in credits- is Blowup- no hyphen.

Second, you repeat one of the worst examples of critical cribbing, that I nailed when I reviewed this a year or two ago: http://www.cosmoetica.com/b441-des374.htm

The two leads have NO NAMES. Not once are their names uttered in the film. This claim is from a press kit, possibly, but not anywhere in the film. Where did you get the claim, other than from other reviews?



It should be fun to see his reply.

Anyway, here are The Yardbirds, from the film, and its trailer: