1/23/11

Postcards from the Edge trailer

Here's another Netflix movie I watched. (Yes Meryl Streep reminds me of my childhood--I also have Heartburn and Ironweed on request and despite my annoyance for Julie and Julia, I liked it b/c of Streep.) I had to read this book in high school--it's by Carrie Fisher and I don't remember it. I remember I had to read something for English class so we could write little precis on it and so my mom had this book. (The idea was to get us to read something each night, even if it was crap.)

The trailer is funny, but the movie I was expecting to be better. Not that I expect a masterpiece, but the Shirley and Meryl should certainly be entertaining enough, and sure there are moments, but overall it was a very dour film, just sort of blah. This '80s pubbed book is sort of a foreshadowing of all the bad novels, memoirs, bios about druggie losers that have been pushed on Oprah over the past few decades. How many more months till her show ends? Make it soon. Unfortunately the damage is done, but maybe it will be like bone loss, where you can reverse it. Here's hoping.