1/23/10

Woody's Radio Days.

Dan and I were talking about Radio Days last night and we both think it is one of his greatest. What I particularly admire is his use of memory and narration. It is something I've used in my own works, where the speaker is recalling something and what is being recalled doesn't necessarily seem accurate, but you accept this as the speaker's memory.

Examples would be when the boy recalls his parents fighting over oceans or when he and his classmates remember the hot teacher in front of the class wiggling her ass, when in reality, his parents likely did not fight over oceans and the teacher did not wiggle her ass quite as much as he might remember--but the point is, this is how he has chosen to remember it. I use that as a technique myself and it can lead to much comic relief. Most intelligent people can catch onto this, but if you're a lit agent, you won't. Here's the trailer:



Watch more clips here.