3/19/09

Internet Film Critic Society

See the doohickey up on the top right.

The other day I was selected to become a member of the IFCS (Internet Film Critic Society). Generally, I do not care about such things, but many websites and publications seem to feel that such accreditation makes you 'better' as a critic. I've applied to some other societies, but many of them are as incestuous as the real world critical societies.

This one is smaller than some, but still a nice group of folks. To give you an idea of how closed minded and dumb members of Critical Groups are, view the comments at this recent film review I posted:

http://www.noripcord.com/reviews/film/decalogue

The commenter is David Sterritt,who heads up the National Society Of Film Critics, based in New York City. However, he clearly has issues with proper usage of words and their definitions. So, now I'm IFCS approved. We'll see about some other societies and other groups and websites I've applied to have my film reviews listed in, in a few weeks.